Paleo Apple/Banana Bundt Cake
(Grain Free, Paleo, Gluten Free, Gaps)
2 ripe bananas- mashed
3 large eggs
12 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee, melted
1/4 cup coconut milk
3 cups almond flour (I use Honeyville brand)
6 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (I use Great Lakes)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (Morton & Bassett brand has no sugar)
3 cups grated apples (I left the skins on)
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (rack in the middle position) and butter your bundt pan.
2. In one bowl mix mashed bananas, eggs, butter/ghee, coconut milk and vanilla
3. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, gelatin, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon
4. Combine wet ingredients into dry and then fold in the apples and the coconut.
5. Pour batter into your buttered bundt pan and bake for 60-90 minutes until a tester comes out clean and the cake is a deep golden brown.
*To freeze, place in an airtight container and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.